Personal Information We Collect and Why
If you choose to register for our newsletter, we will ask you for your name, telephone number, email address, occupation and clinic information. We use this information to send you our newsletter and provide additional company updates. We may also provide personal information to Authorized PoNS™ Clinics as requested by you.
If you use a feature of the Site that allows you to schedule an appointment at an authorized clinic, we will collect your name, email address, phone number(s) and any other information you may choose to provide. We use this information, and share it with the authorized clinic, in order to schedule your appointment with the clinic.
If you submit a comment, question or inquiry through the Site, we will use the information you provide to respond to your comment, question or inquiry.
We may also use the personal information we collect for regular internal business purposes, such as maintaining business records for reasonable periods, improving our Site and our products and services, enforcing our rights and for other purposes with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
When We Share Personal Information
We may share or disclose your personal information in the following instances:
- To our service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) who perform services on our behalf as necessary to support our business. These service providers may include data hosting and processing, technical support providers. Some of our service providers are located outside of Canada, including in the United States].;
- To protect the personal safety of users of Helius products and services, the Site or the public;
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of the business of this Site;
- To authorized clinics as necessary to schedule an appointment or otherwise provide a product or service that you have requested; or
- If required or permitted to do so by applicable laws, court orders, government regulations or authorities, including as required by foreign laws applicable to us or our service providers.
This Site is not directed to children and Helius does not knowingly solicit information from any child under the age of eighteen. We will not knowingly collect personal information via the Site from visitors in this age group.
We take steps to protect the personal information in our control, including by implementing physical, organizational and technological security measures that are designed to keep personal information secure and confidential. However, no security measures can guarantee absolute security. As a result, it is possible that personal information may be lost, stolen or accessed without authorization.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
Effective Date: January 13, 2020